Net Zero Energy and Beyond | 03-05-2013 (Tuesday)
BuildingEnergy 13 Conference
9:00 - 5:00
Full Day Workshop
Workshop Speakers: R. Carter Scott and Mike Duclos
With a net zero energy home you solve your share of the 40 percent carbon emissions that come from the building sector -- and don't have any utility bills to pay. That is great. We now can go beyond this and solve another 40 percent of the carbon emissions that arise from the transportation sector.
Carter Scott will show cost effective examples of both customer and product homes with Home Energy Rating System (HERS) indexes as low as -21, -31, and -36. These homes are modeled to produce over 10,000 more kilowatt hours than is consumed in a year. This is enough energy to power a Nissan leaf for 30,000 miles each and every year! Now you can also use your car to power your house when the grid goes down -- with vehicle home charging.
This workshop will take you through the components necessary to make buildings achieve net zero energy and beyond. It will go into detail about the cost effective techniques that are available today and the incentives for both the shell as well as the renewable energy systems.
Mike Duclos will present mechanical systems, modeling, ways to meet the strict Passive House standards, monitoring, troubleshooting, and more. For residential architects and builders looking to regain a competitive advantage in today's marketplace, this is the workshop to attend.
Please click here to view Transformations Inc.'s Powerpoint presentation "Net Zero Energy and Beyond" that was presented at the Conference.
Stop by and visit team members of Transformations Inc. at Booth 844 during the BuildingEnergy 2013 Conference at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston on
March 5 - 7, 2013.
- Mass Audubon "Going for the Green" workshop and tour, Devens, MA |
October 18, 2012
- “Journal of Light Construction" (JLC Live), all day workshop on Zero Energy Homes, Providence, RI |
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy 2012, Full day workshop on Getting to Zero Energy |
- “Journal of Light Construction" (JLC Live), all day workshop on Zero Energy Homes, Providence, RI | March 2011
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy 2011, Workshop on Getting to Zero Cost Effectively in Production and Custom Homes – highest afternoon attendance
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy 2011, Afternoon Presentation on Affordable Production Homes, 115 people in attendance
- "Journal of Light Construction" (JLC Live) workshop on Zero Energy Homes, Providence, RI | March of 2010
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy 2010, Workshop on Getting to Zero Cost Effectively, 113 people in attendance
- 2008 International Low Impact Development (LID) Conference | November 16-19, 2008
Seattle, Washington. Presentation: LID and Energy Efficiency in a Residential Development – Coppersmith Way
- Greenbuild 2008; Green building tour for Coppersmith Way | November 20, 2008
- Featured speaker at the American Association of Architects (AIA) Integrated Design/Integrated Development (IDID) Conference in Plymouth NH | July 17, 2008,
“Stepping up to the 2030 Challenge”
- Speaker at the 2007 Massachusetts Smart Growth/ Smart Energy Conference | December 7 at the DCU Center in Worcester
- Low Impact Development Conference for the Real Estate Development Industry. Sheraton Hotel in Framingham | April 5, 2007. Presentation: “Low Impact Development Case Studies – Developers’ Perspective”