Speaking Engagements, Tours
Better Building Choices | 04-16-2016 (Saturday)
Massachusetts Sustaiinable Campuses & Communites Conference
Academy of Music Theatre
274 Main Street, Northampton, MA
Exhibits and Networking 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Better Building Choices
New and renovated buildings offer opportunities for more sustainable practices. Meet a recent college graduate who built a tiny home with local materials. Meet the company that collects data to estimate annual energy costs. Meet a builder of net zero energy neighborhoods.
Sarah Hastings, Tiny House Resident and Advocate, Rhizhome
Brian Butler, Co-Founder, Enerscore
R. Carter Scott, President, Transformations, Inc.
- BuildingEnergy 13 Conference "Net Zero Energy and Beyond" all day workshop, Boston, MA |
March 5, 2013
Please click here to view Transformations Inc.'s Powerpoint presentation "Net Zero Energy and Beyond" that was presented at the Conference.
- Mass Audubon "Going for the Green" workshop and tour, Devens, MA |
October 18, 2012
- “Journal of Light Construction" (JLC Live), all day workshop on Zero Energy Homes, Providence, RI |
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy 2012, Full day workshop on Getting to Zero Energy |
- “Journal of Light Construction" (JLC Live), all day workshop on Zero Energy Homes, Providence, RI | March 2011
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy 2011, Workshop on Getting to Zero Cost Effectively in Production and Custom Homes – highest afternoon attendance
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy 2011, Afternoon Presentation on Affordable Production Homes, 115 people in attendance
- "Journal of Light Construction" (JLC Live) workshop on Zero Energy Homes, Providence, RI | March of 2010
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association Building Energy 2010, Workshop on Getting to Zero Cost Effectively, 113 people in attendance
- 2008 International Low Impact Development (LID) Conference | November 16-19, 2008
Seattle, Washington. Presentation: LID and Energy Efficiency in a Residential Development – Coppersmith Way
- Greenbuild 2008; Green building tour for Coppersmith Way | November 20, 2008
- Featured speaker at the American Association of Architects (AIA) Integrated Design/Integrated Development (IDID) Conference in Plymouth NH | July 17, 2008,
“Stepping up to the 2030 Challenge”
- Speaker at the 2007 Massachusetts Smart Growth/ Smart Energy Conference | December 7 at the DCU Center in Worcester
- Low Impact Development Conference for the Real Estate Development Industry. Sheraton Hotel in Framingham | April 5, 2007. Presentation: “Low Impact Development Case Studies – Developers’ Perspective”