Summit Oaks at Village Hill
Proposed Building Phases
- Located in Northampton, MA
- 85 Homes
- Building Zero-Net Energy Attainable Homes
- 6 Duplexes
- 4 Single Family
- 4 Duplexes
- 8 Single Family
Phase 3 - Cohousing
- 5 Duplexes
- 11 Single Family
- Grid-tied leased Solar Electric Systems.
- 12" Double Studded R-45 Low Density Foam Walls, R- 63 Cellulose Attic Insulation
- On Grade Construction Homes Have R-30 Rigid Insulation Under the Slab and R-20 on the Slab Edge.
- R-5 Windows
- ENERGY STAR Certified Rating of Zero Energy Attainable and Positive Energy Homes
- Ventilation systems, Low or No VOC Materials/Sealants/Paints, Hard Floor Surfaces
- Water Conserving Fixtures, Rapidly Renewable Materials, Low Maintenance Materials
Summit Oaks at Village Hill - net-zero energy housing that has a positive impact for the residents, the City of Northampton, the state and for the climate at large. Featuring Duplex Townhouses, Single Family Homes and Cohousing in a new sustainable inspired community development.
Sustainable Development Improvements for the 35 acre project are energy positive homes on a larger neighborhood scale, lower HERS Indexes on a variety of housing styles---the lowest currently designed is a -86, incorporating more green materials and excluded potentially harmful ones (Living Building Challenge red list), incorporating Permaculture design principals and expanding on Low Impact Development (LID) storm water techniques.
If you are interested in cohousing or want to find out more, please visit the Village Hill Cohousing website here.
Plot Plan Summit Oaks at Village Hill and Cohousing
Phases and Reservation Map