4 Corners Zero Energy Community
The Massachusetts Trust for Public Land coordinated an extensive conservation effort to preserve the farmland in a part of Princeton, Massachusetts called the Four Corners. A beautiful expanse of farmland that will now be protected into the future. One of the ways this was accomplished was with two 4 lot limited developments.
- Located in the Town of Princeton
- 4 Home Development of Zero Energy Homes
- Surrounded by Conservation Land
- Existing Zero Home Built with Energy Rating System Index of -9
- Lots Starting at $150,000
- Homes Starting at $399,900
Market Rate Home Styles
- 7 to 14 kW Grid-tied Solar Electric Systems
- Typical Super Insulation Standards: 12" Double Studded R-45 Low Density Foam Walls, R- 63 Cellulose Attic Insulation, R-20 Closed Cell Foam on the Basement Walls, R-5 Windows, and R-10 Rigid Insulation Under the Basement Slab
- ENERGY STAR Certified Rating of Zero Energy and Positive Energy Homes
- Ventilation systems, Low or No VOC Materials/Sealants/Paints, Hard Floor Surfaces
- Water Conserving Fixtures, Rapidly Renewable Materials, Low Maintenance Materials
Transformations purchased the northern cluster. A custom home was designed and built on Lot 1 for clients involved in the project from an early stage. This home was intended to look like an historic home from the front with its large chimney in the center of the main roofline, the 12/12 windows, the barrel roll clapboards in the front facade and other historic details.
The rear of the home has 14.4 kW of solar panels, where it has been producing more energy than it has consumed. Its HERS index came in at -9. The first home was featured on "This New House" with Kevin O'Conner and has been showed numerous times. For more detail, please see our Zero Energy Custom Home section of this website.
Two more lots are available as of this writing. Bring your architect or use ours to create your zero energy dream home in this lovely setting. Click here to send us email for more information.