Zero Energy Rental Communities
- Scattered sites located in Lexington, MA
- Multi-Family homes
- Net Zero Energy
Affordable Home Styles
- Triplex Greek Revival
- Triplex Farmhouse
- 4 to 6 kW Grid-tied Solar Electric Systems per Rental Unit.
- 12" Double Studded R-45 Low Density Foam Walls, R- 63 Cellulose Attic Insulation
- R-20 closed Cell Foam Basement Walls and R-10 Rigid Insulation Under the Basement Slab.
- R-5 Windows
- ENERGY STAR Certified Rating of Zero Energy Attainable and Positive Energy Homes
- Ventilation systems, Low or No VOC Materials/Sealants/Paints, Hard Floor Surfaces
- Water Conserving Fixtures, Rapidly Renewable Materials, Low Maintenance Materials
Several of the Lexington Housing Assistance Board (LexHAB) members met with Carter Scott of Transformations about doing scattered site rental housing that met the energy efficiency desires of the Lexington Board of Selectmen. The goal we all came up with was to build Net Zero Energy rental homes in a cost effective manner.
The Fairview site has a total of 4 units of rental housing planned. A new Net Zero Energy Greek Rival triplex has been designed and is being built by Transformations, Inc. The existing home on the corner of the lot will be renovated by LexHAB.
The Busa Site along Lowell Street is in the planning process. There is good southern exposure and views of farmland. Multifamily rental house is planned for up to 50% of the Lowell street frontage in the southern portion of the site. Transformations is designing Farmhouse and Greek Revival styles with front facades facing the street and solar electric systems on the roof to the side.
If you are interested in talking to Transformations about building Net Zero Energy rental housing, please click here to send us email today.